Friday, September 19, 2008

LAZY SUSANS END OF SUMMER




Summer is my fave season of the year and it's soon to be over. It's a great thing, however, that I live in So. Cal. as we CAN experience summer all year round! LOL. I wanted to commemorate the relaxing summer I've enjoyed this year by creating a card using a favorite floral of mine (Lazy Susans) AND my favorite all time SU color - Marigold Morning. This design features the elements as spelled out in Wendybell's Limited Supply Challenge on SCS. The recipe called for using only one stamp one time on white background. One neutral and a color of our choice could also be used. We were to use no sponging, distressing, Designer Paper, Background Stamp. Brads, ribbon and other embellies were on the YES list as well as a sentiment. I think I did pretty good with Wendy's list. I stamped the image petals using direct stamp to inkpad and then took a wet paintbrush and swiped some of the color off. The stems and leaves are colored with SU Chocolate Chip marker. Brads and ribbon were added to polish off the design.

So, getting back to my original thought of summer being my favorite season, I'm reminded that, while seasons come and go in my life, God is constant and ever present. How awesome is that!

Products used for this design:
  • Stamps:SU Inspired by Nature, It's Your B'Day
  • Paper: SU Whisper White, Choc, Chip, Marigold Morning
  • Ink: Marigold Morning, Choc. Chip
  • Accessories: SU Copper Brads and GG ribbon, Dimensionals, Large Oval Punch

No comments: